Are you an indigene of Osun State living in diaspora or resident in the State? Are you always concerned about YOUTHS' LIFE?
Do you LOVE Osun and seek for its development?
Kindly take your time to read and act on this piece. This is never POLITICAL nor BLAME but CORRECTIONAL and WAYS FORWARD…
As it is widely publicised, how Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola has successfully transformed lots of Sectors in Osun State since he emerged the Governor.
From changing the state name from Osun State to the State of Osun; unveiling the State Flag and Logo; introducing the state beautiful ANTHEM; beautification of Osogbo (the state capital), introduction of: O' School, O' Meal, O'RAM (free feeding for primary pupils), OYES (where over 10,000 youths benefited it) and other O's; Introduction of Mega Schools and breaking of schools into: Elementary Schools, Middle Schools and High Schools; Merging of schools and demolition of some, Reconstruction of Schools that could house 3,000+ students with modern/imported Building Materials; Construction of State-owned Roads; Payment of 13th month salary (before the state financial crises); Payment of WAEC of all SS3 Students of the State-owned High Schools; distribution of Tablet (Opon IMO) to the SS3 Students of the State-owned Schools; introduction of free (to & fro) transportation (TRAIN) for everyone travelling (from Lagos-Osun train route) for CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR; introduction of Fire Works during New Year and Hijrah Calendar etc.
All the above were no longer news as majority of News Houses and Social Media reported some, if not all, of the above and many more.
Now, ONE WONDERS WHY:
1) the Osun People are no longer sympathetic to the State Government under the current financial quagmire it found itself?
2) Why Osun staff are not being considerate with the government that introduced the payment of 13th month salary and reportedly paid monthly salary at every 24th?
3) Why the youths who benefitted the state OYES program are not on the streets preaching more supports for this government?
4) Why the parents whose children ate (eat) free meals, got free Tablet (OPON IMO), free WAEC, free School Uniforms; and even reported (Mega Schools and Beautiful Classrooms) are still blaming this government?
Before I shed light on the above questions, let me first tell you the present situation in the STATE OF OSUN that might have not been reported on SOCIAL and ELECTRONIC MEDIA, and/or if reported THEY (the government), YOU and I who love the (Government) for the good it had started ‘then’ might have tagged such a report: the 'HANDIWORKS OF THE OPPOSITION).
Presently in Osun State:
1) The branded Examination Malpractices Centers popularly known as EDUCATIONAL CONSULTS are more LUCRATIVE and PROFITABLE than setting up a Private School.
2) Any student of government-owned High School who fails the government-sponsored WAEC - CAN NEVER go back to any government-owned High School within the State to re-enrol or re-sit for WAEC whether at a Cost to his Parents or the Government.
(The above explains why 'Educational Consults' are triumphing and profitable in Osun State more than setting up a Private School'
3) More than half of the Osun Students who were given (Tablet) Opon Imo got the Ebooks on the Tablet deleted while Pornographies replaced it.
4) Osun is now flooded with Branded Gambling Centers (Betting Centers) more than one can ever imagine. At least, every street in major towns in Osun has a minimum of 2 Betting Centers.
5) 'After-one' Girls (i.e. teen mothers/pregnant teenagers) are on the high scale.
6) We now have high rate of Youth Gamblers and Smokers in the state.
7) Almost every school in Osun has inadequate number of Subjects Teachers. Some Government-owned High Schools in Osun lack English Teachers, Mathematics Teachers, Physics and Chemistry Teachers etc.
8) Osun students are discouraged from writing GCE because it normally comes up around the time their schools would be writing 2nd or Promotional Examinations.
9) Cultism has become open Social Groups in the state whereby every youth pride himself/herself as a member.
10) Cultist Groups openly strike, clash and attack one another in our major Cities/Towns. Every 7th of July is a dreaded day as Cultist Groups openly take procession as they mark their annual 'festival'.
11) Indiscipline is the order of the day. Teachers dare not beat their students as they (the teachers) are afraid of being attacked by such students' cultist group members.
12) All the state's owned Tertiary Institutions (OSCOED Ilesa & Ila, OSCOTECH, IREPOLY) have been deleted from JAMB Brochure as the rumour has it that the state government wants to turn them to Vocational Centers/Institutes.
Let us rest here. I know the residents can name various other issues happening in our state.
My questions to you, dear reader, are:
1) WHO IS TO BLAME: THE GOVERNMENT OR THE PEOPLE?
2) DO WE REALLY NEED TO KEEP LOOKING FOR WHO TO BLAME OR WE SHOULD RATHER THINK OF WHAT TO DO?
3) WHAT SHOULD WE (OSUN PEOPLE) DO TO GET OUT OF THESE PRECARIOUS SITUATIONS?
4) HOW CAN OGBENI RAUF AREGBESOLA WIN BACK THE PEOPLE'S INTEREST IN HIM, AND GET HIS 'PROGRESSIVE TRAIN' BACK ON TRACK?
I enjoin you to keep a date with me as I release the PART II of this WRITE-UP next week (God Willing).